I worked my first solo shift at the bar last night and it went well. I made a couple of first-day mistakes, but nothing detrimental. I already saw some familiar faces and felt like this is only the beginning to fitting in working the sports-bar-turn-night-club scene.
The weather continues to be my best friend. I think about the cold smoke threatening the CO mountains. I can only cherish every day that I wake up to sunny skies, warm temperatures and a cool ocean breeze. On average the temperature has recently been in the low 70's with not much humidity. It cools off enough at night to sleep comfortably, although everyone sleeps with a fan to drown out the noise of the train. When you live in SoCal, the goal is to live west of the I-5. Not only do I live west of the 5, I also live west of Pacific Coast Highway. The train runs along the PCH, and to be expected, it makes its presence known every time it comes cruising by. Trust me, there's no complaints coming from this girl. Walking out my front gate, up the street, over a half a block and down to the beach makes it more than worth it!
Every day I meet mellow, genuine people around town. I feel as comfortable and safe as I do in Steamboat. I commute around on my cherished cruiser, and do my errands on my road bike. I'm proud to be the hippie Colorado chick who rides her bike everywhere. I'm smart about where I ride and wear all of my lights and my helmet whenever I'm on the highway. I'm sure I'll quickly become known as the blond on the lime green cruiser with the two pig horns. ;o)
I make my occasional trips south to Solana Beach and home of the original Belly Up music venue. I've already seen two reggae shows there. As most of you know, not much makes me more happy than getting to go jam to some live, kinky reggae!
My first purchase when funds allow will be a new camera. I will be sure to make up for lost time and take a slew of pictures to familiarize you all with my new life and surroundings.
Peace and love to you all!
Brett
No comments:
Post a Comment