I HAVE A JOB, I HAVE A JOB, I HAVE A JOB! I heard back from D Street Bar and Grill on Monday, and they offered me a job immediately. Come to find out, this place is very competitive with server shifts, so I feel like I landed at the right place at the right time. I went from my second interview straight to my ... My first day of training was on Tuesday and all went well. It was a slow lunch, so I only learned so much. I can't express how much better I feel now that I finally have a job. I went home and was able to take a deep breath for the first time in what feels like ages. I train again Friday night, Saturday morning and Monday afternoon. By then I should know what my new work schedule will be! I have a feeling that I will get some good work shifts right off the bat. Not a bad time to be jumping on board into a sports bar during football season.
I took the weekend off from life and let loose a little bit. Through a long-distance friend, I've met a mutual friend here in Encinitas along with a great crew of people. We are starting a weekly dinner/bbq and have found our way around the late-night scene quite easily. After a wild weekend of barley-and-hops consumption, I rode my temporarily-adopted cruiser down to Solana Beach where there just so happens to be a Broncos Headquarters bar. Ironically enough it's called Chiefs. Sadly enough, that is just the team that broke a 12-game losing streak to beat us. Bummer. Being around a crowd of Broncos fans clad in jerseys and a plethora of blue and orange made me feel right at home. Even to the point that I got the chills and felt a little giddy inside. On Sundays I can wear a NFL jersey at work, so a new Broncos jersey will be coming in hot soon.
For the first time it rained and even thundered here on Monday morning. What an experience that was! The smell was overwhelming and brought me home to the aroma of rain in the mountains. I have heard from a number of people about how incredible the colors are this fall in Colorado. It seems as those chances just so happen when I am absent. Luckily enough I know I have a handful of friends who appreciate the beauty as much as I do and think of me when relishing in the beauty. Thank you!.. Just as I finished writing this I received a picture message from a friend who had just bike Emerald Mountain. It was looking towards the Steamboat Ski Area and the colors were absolutely majestic! I can't tell you all how much it makes my heart swell when friends let me know they are thinking of me when enjoying the beauty of life. I love you Alli~
Yesterday was hot. As in upper 80s hot. I went thrift-store shopping for cheap, black pants for work. I have realized that once I have the finances I will be able to completely revamp my wardrobe from second-hand stores alone. I now live just south of the O.C. and the women's second-hand clothing stores prove it. Seven, True Religion and Joe's jeans fill the racks for under 30 bucks. Now that's my kind of shopping! I waited for it to cool off and went on a nice beach run. As much as I don't thrive off running, I still somewhat enjoy it and like the sand for the forgiveness of it relative to cement or even dirt. There's nothing quite like running along the water while watching surfers, the setting sun and romping women and men clad in bikinis and board shorts. After all, that's why I moved to the beach!
I stopped by Nytro, the triathlon/bike shop where my new buddy George works. I sat with him and he dialed me on three new road bike routes to venture on. He discussed his upcoming weekend with me. He is partaking in a 508--that's not a typo--mile road-bike race that will take him just around 40 hours to complete. CRAZY. Between traveling to the race, nerves the day and night before, the race, and traveling home, he doesn't sleep for about five days. Not quite sure how the body endures that. I commend athletes like George. Good luck, and most importantly, HAVE FUN! I'm sure that he will quickly become a great friend for me to know. He and his girlfriend live in Huntington Beach, and they have already invited me for a visit. They also invited me to the race. If not for my new excuse, a job, I would go and cover the race. After all, I'm here to expand my journalistic horizons---right?!!!
My goal is to start writing in my blog more often and more freely. I have been urged to write as I think. Because I only know me as me, I don't realize how inspiring my words are for so many. But thanks to a handful of you, I am learning that more and more. Thank you for your honesty. You all extract my gifts to you from within me. After my accident this year, I realized that all I want to do in life is give back. I want to embellish and enhance others' lives with my experiences and what I have to offer. I have been so blessed in life, and I want to help be a blessing for others.
So, cheers to Brett's new style of blogging!
All my love, all the time,
Brett
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Details..
- Brett Buckles
- Encinitas, CA, United States
- www.myspace.com/crazybbuckles www.facebook.com www.BrettBuckles.com (under construction)
No comments:
Post a Comment