Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hello from sunny SoCal!
My life is starting to get back to some normality. The other night I moved into my room and I feel right at home. I now live a block from the beach and just off Coast Highway 101. Yesterday I received my road bike, put it together and went on my first ride. I can't tell you how amazing it felt for me to feel the breeze of the ocean on my face while I got a good sweat in for the first time in three weeks!
The copy writing job I came out to work on is plugging right along. It is very mundane, so I am chomping at the bit to land a restaurant job that will help me financially and socially.
This weekend I am going to San Francisco for a professional women's conference put on at The Stone Clinic on behalf of Dr. Kevin Stone. I have known Dr. Stone throughout the years of being a U.S. Ski Team member, and more recently, part of the Director's Cup. There will be a handful of magazine editors there for me to meet and network with. I am eager to start proposing story ideas and get connected with such publications as Outside, ESPN and Ski Racing to name a few.
Wish me luck that I land the beginning of a dream job!
Best,
Brett

No comments:

Details..

My photo
Encinitas, CA, United States
www.myspace.com/crazybbuckles www.facebook.com www.BrettBuckles.com (under construction)