Monday, June 16, 2008

Ah yes, the DAILY blog has already gotten away from me. Today was my first day being back on the majestic Marabou ranch. Now that summer has finally decided to grace Steamboat, the hills and meadows surrounding our town are reaping the rewards. Perhaps the Yampa Valley could be nicknamed the Emerald Valley. At Marabou, it's no different. The grass is lush, the river is raging and everyone's taking advantage of the endless activities. I headed out for a day of fun with two 10-year-olds and two 13-year-olds. After a brief dabble in mosquito-infested archery, we headed to the ponds for some serious fishing. Within an hour every kid had caught a fish and flashed a grin from ear to ear. I even worked on my fly fishing cast, and definitely got the itch to spend more time along the banks of the water. I'm looking forward to getting on horseback and on bike to explore the plethora of options at the ranch.

1 comment:

Glenjammin said...

It hard to blog when it's this nice out. Freakin skeetos!

Details..

My photo
Encinitas, CA, United States
www.myspace.com/crazybbuckles www.facebook.com www.BrettBuckles.com (under construction)