Friday, June 20, 2008
So refreshing and thrilling to boast about a few firsts in my 'rebirth.' I begin with my first mountain bike ride. I've been riding my road bike aggressively and it feels great. The other morning a windy start to the day turned my plans of a road ride into my inaugural mountain bike ride. Words don't do justice for the happiness that filled my heart powering my way up Emerald Mountain. My body was thanking me as well as my mind. I followed that day with my first hike the next day. My buddy Glenn and I headed up the Fish Creek trail and I tested my lower body to the fullest extent. More than anything, my quads were weak and my balance and agility were lacking. After about a half hour my back got sore, but only enough to let me know it was time to turn around. My most thrilling first to date is getting back to work! I've been waiting to start my retail job, and in the meantime, I've been helping the parents out with finishing the basement of their recently-built house. The last few days I've spent sanding and staining doors and trim and I couldn't be happier doing it. Not only am I ecstatic to be making money for the first time in five months, it's even more fulfilling to be back to manual labor! I've turned the final corner in my recovery and everyday I thank the stars above that I have been blessed with such a fortunate life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Details..
- Brett Buckles
- Encinitas, CA, United States
- www.myspace.com/crazybbuckles www.facebook.com www.BrettBuckles.com (under construction)
1 comment:
Looking good Brett keep up the hard work, much love and strength all the way from Whistler! Pix soon to come.
Post a Comment