Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I spent the weekend in Park City going to a wedding reception, riding mountain bikes and reporting for a story on the Shred Wagon--part of healthesnow.org. The wedding party was an overload of my ski racing past. It was great to see so many familiar faces who I haven't seen in years, but overwhelming to have to tell my crash story so many times over to most people who hadn't even heard I was injured. If it was up to me, I wouldn't have let anyone know. But word travels fast, and within an hour of the party I was being bombarded by concerned fellow skiers who hadn't heard the tragic news. I felt that it wasn't important to relive the event of nearly six months ago for the fact that I was standing in front of everyone, wine in one hand, smile from ear to ear, looking as healthy as can be. By the end of the night (which is always early for me) I was emotionally exhausted. I got to experience the Shred Wagon first hand, and I couldn't have been more comfortable and in my element. I went for a good ride up Park City Mountain Resort and saw a couple of other good friends in the area. On Sunday we trekked the wagon up to the mountains and took great pictures of it in its element at the summit of Guardsman Pass. On the way back to Steamboat, Nate and I stopped in Vernal to check out a spread of trails which are supposedly all the rave. We had a great time biking in the desert and owning it all to ourselves. I'm happy to have escaped the Yampa Valley for a weekend, pursue a great story for the Powder website, and romp my bike on some virgin territory!

No comments:

Details..

My photo
Encinitas, CA, United States
www.myspace.com/crazybbuckles www.facebook.com www.BrettBuckles.com (under construction)