Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Once again I can't quite figure out where the days are going. The mornings here in Steamboat have quite a nip to them lately, and there's already rumors of changing leaves in the higher country. Those are the conversations I don't let myself hear or become a part of. Real life and the aftermath of five months of recovery are starting to hit me smack in the face now. I so badly want to be a full-on freelance journalist, but that's relatively unrealistic at this point. I'm desperately trying to find something that will (try to) pay the bills, meanwhile trying to pursue this embedded athlete-journalist career. I know that time is the only answer, but the waiting is the challenge.
I've been spending as much time on my bike as possible. I feel that right now the woods, trails and being one with my body is my tranquility. I do most of my thinking during my rides, and they are very inspiring times for me. I think about life, my career and the current journalistic stories I'm working on at the time. I feel like I'm working overtime--getting to exercise, be spiritual and 'work' in unison.
I attended a friend from childhood's wedding last weekend. It was a small 'class reunion,' and the group of us in attendance had a great time picking up where we left off. Here's a picture of the old school crew.

No comments:

Details..

My photo
Encinitas, CA, United States
www.myspace.com/crazybbuckles www.facebook.com www.BrettBuckles.com (under construction)