Sunday, July 6, 2008

As always, the 4th of July was a huge day of adventures. I got up early and hammered up my favorite trail, Spring Creek, on my mountain bike. While the rest of the hooligans were tubing the river, I spent the day to relax and reserve energy for the evening and night. People started slowly showing up late afternoon, and before I knew it, the slip-n-slide extravaganza was in full force. The path was complete with a jump, which was appropriately named Brett's Jump. NO, I didn't get near the thing. Instead I worked on perfecting my blackberry and raspberry mojito featuring fresh mint and fresh-squeezed lime juice. Yes, they did the trick and then some. As the night progressed, my roommate Dan and I decided it was a good idea to cruise down the street to check out a band a buddy of ours plays in. Granted, I shouldn't have been on my cruiser, but I was, and what is done is done. I came into a turn with too much heat, locked up the brakes, my back tire skidded out on gravel and I was ejected over my handle bars and straight onto my head. This is when it might have been a good thing that I was tipsy. Needless to say I ended my night with a bloody, scraped face and a chunk removed from my knee. Above all I am most happy to report that I did no other body damage. I spent yesterday tending to my face and working on the six journalism stories I have been procrastinating on. Today, I wrote all morning and was already feeling good enough to take a beautiful bike ride on Emerald Mountain. Enjoy the pictures, and yes, I'm being good to my wounds!

No comments:

Details..

My photo
Encinitas, CA, United States
www.myspace.com/crazybbuckles www.facebook.com www.BrettBuckles.com (under construction)