Monday, July 14, 2008

Wow, how my life has done a 180, and I couldn't be happier about it. My days are full of work, and now I cherish my weekend activities to the fullest. Yesterday a group of us drove up to Seedhouse and mountain biked a trail in the National Forest. Ten minutes in we saw a moose, and later saw a few deer. The beginning of the ride weaved through an old forrest fire from '02. All the trees were black on one side and healthy on the other. The color contrast of wood, blackness and green grass was quite a sight. There were technical sections, short and steep climbs and plenty of beautiful singletrack. The end of the ride paralleled Hinman Lake. It was overgrown with lily pads and the banks were chalk-full of Columbine flowers and Wild Rose. The color of Columbines seen all around Steamboat is the exact color I think of when I associate the majestic bloom as our state flower. I get that puffed-up feeling of pride in my chest every time I see the gorgeous plant. I kept up with the boys well, and was more stoked than anything to be out enjoying our beautiful wilderness.



No comments:

Details..

My photo
Encinitas, CA, United States
www.myspace.com/crazybbuckles www.facebook.com www.BrettBuckles.com (under construction)