The past few days have gifted me with the weather I moved here for. I wake up, roll outside and it's already hot! I spend my early morning reading my book on the patio while the sun beats down on my body. As much as my mind loves it, the bones thank me royally.
Today I ventured down to Del Mar to check out a big tack shop near the fairgrounds, as well as to go on a trail run at Torrey Pines State Reserve. I've heard that there's a large posting board at the feed store that advertises everything from horses and equipment for sale to services needed. I figured I'd see if there was anything that sparked my interest. Not this time, but I was relaxed and refreshed to be surrounded by horse everything!
There's something to be thankful for for a little nature retreat in the heart of suburban southern California. Torrey Pines wasn't like the Iron Mountain hike which blessed me with only a handful of people on the trail, but as I always say, I have no room to complain. Here, in the land of excess, it's refreshing to see so many people getting their exercise outdoors. The Reserve has a series of trails that both wind around and through the park, as well as along the beach. When I read about the various trails online, the website talked about the plethora of wildlife you could see at any time. I got lucky. As I was hopping stairs down a crag towards the beach, I looked out into the ocean and saw a killer whale bobbing up and down along the coast about 20 feet out from the beach. SO COOL! That's the first killer whale I've ever seen, and I got the chills. What magnificent animals they are!
I got in a good run, and good sweat, and loved every minute of it. I spent the rest of my evening reading and enjoying my last night off before my workweek begins tomorrow. I cruised up to Beacon's to watch the sunset which was gorgeous as always. It was so perfectly clear today that the islands were clearly visible. Ahhh. Another day in paradise...
http://www.torreypine.org/
Brett
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Details..
- Brett Buckles
- Encinitas, CA, United States
- www.myspace.com/crazybbuckles www.facebook.com www.BrettBuckles.com (under construction)
No comments:
Post a Comment