Today is not only the first day of 2009, but the first of my commitment to daily blogging. The title tells it all. Those of you who know me well know that pigs are a vital part of my life. To begin, another reason I feel like I have landed out of the sky to a good place here in California is the fact that I have already had numerous pig encounters. Aside from my new reggae sisdren, Trisha, I have stumbled upon not one--but two--pig mailboxes in town. Yes, one is on a main road standing appropriately out front of a very-pink house. But the other one is much more hidden amongst a neighborhood I just so happened to drive through a few weeks ago. Each of them radiate personality, and inevitably warm my heart with joy. Trisha has already graced me with numerous pig tokens of friendship. In addition to Cherry's (my car) antenna (which she crafted out of a stress-ball) I have received a pen in the shape of a pig, lip gloss in the shape of a pig and a decal waiting to be strategically placed on Cherry. It's a flying pig, so perhaps it will go on the gas cap as it will be flying high on fumes! Trisha also provided Cherry with a much-needed 'got reggae?' sticker. What a wonderful friend I now have! I have returned the love and have made her a rasta necklace and bracelet, appropriately. I look forward to spending more time with Trisha, as I believe that we have much more in common than just pigs and reggae. From the few times I have spent with her, I truly feel a same-level connection to her. During conversation I understand her and it seems as though she understands me on a higher level. Jah has blessed us with what I trust to be a flourishing friendship!
Happy 2009. Let health be with ALL of us!
Brett

No comments:
Post a Comment