Over a month ago I was approached by my last-year's roommate's husband who is a DJ and works for an online radio station in San Diego. The station is launching a series of streaming playlists. Not only can you log on and listen to the music, you can also chat simultaneously with others tuning in. The best part about X1FM is that there are no fees, no registration, no strings. Just pure music whenever you want it, need it and crave it. Trevor sat in on a typical station meeting where they discussed starting a reggae playlist. My name came to his head immediately, and he approached me for a demo CD of my reggae music library. Thanks to all of my cohorts who keep me on the cutting edge of the genre, my diversity of music beat out the other demos! I was hired to create a 1,000 song playlist for the the station to turn into a streaming playlist. My first reggae gig! The catch was that they wanted the music to be mostly roots reggae and dub. The station wants to appeal to a general audience and therefor didn't want much dancehall, soca, reggaeton, etc. I'm not going to lie, this was tough for me. Dancehall is my gig and was hard to stray from. But I pulled through. I spent three days creating the playlist and then went to National City, to the station's headquarters, to deliver the goods. I got a tour of the studio, the garage band set, and met the various higher-ups of the company. They paid me on the spot and my job was done! I have been keeping in touch with them and hope to be able to continue working with X1FM in various capacities in the future. The tech gurus are still in the process of launching the playlist, but as soon as they do, I will be sure to make an announcement loud and clear. Until then, click on over to X1FM.com and check out the other playlists and music they have to offer.
Bless!
Brett
X1FM.com
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Details..
- Brett Buckles
- Encinitas, CA, United States
- www.myspace.com/crazybbuckles www.facebook.com www.BrettBuckles.com (under construction)
1 comment:
Will have to try it out...need a change here in the office music!
Post a Comment